MR028 Unsteady State Heat Transfer Module Thermal Experiment Equipment Didactic Equipment
• A benchtop module designed for education
• Includes a set of diff erent solid shapes of different materials for multiple experiments
• Simple to use, needs no tools
• Water temperature controller for consistent results
• Clear digital displays of all readings (a computer is not essential to operate it or take readings)
A sturdy, benchtop frame contains a hot water vessel and instrumentation. A controller switches the power to an electric heater to keep a constant 'bulk' water temperature inside the vessel.
A temperature controller maintains a constant water temperature for the test shape. Precision instruments measure the temperatures at key points, shown on clear multiline displays.
The test shapes are of diff erent dimensions and materials to give diff erent heat transfer areas and thermal conductivities. This gives multiple experiments in heat transfer.
The student immerses a test shape and measures the transient temperature changes caused by the sudden immersion. They then immerse the other test shapes in turn and compares the results to fi nd how their different surface area, shape and thermal properties affect the heat transfer.
The vessel has a large volume of water compared to the test shapes, so their immersion has a negligible affect on the bulk temperature.
Students can do tests with or without a computer connected.
software features include:
• Recording data manually or automatically
• Data capture set by time or intervals
• Display of real-time data, in digital form or as an analogue meter
• Real-time traces of analogue signals
• Logging data for printing and later analysis
• Exporting data for use by other software
• Performing real-time calculations to generate userdefi ned data
• Creating and printing charts and data tables
• Customisable layouts
Storage temperature range:
–25°C to +55°C (when packed for transport)
Operating temperature range:
+5°C to +40°C
Operating relative humidity range:
80% at temperatures < 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% at 40°C
1000 mm x 600 mm
Electricalsupply (specifyonorder) :
Single Phase, 220 - 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz, 11 Amp
Two Phase, 208 - 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz, 9 Amp
Water supply (to fill the vessel):
Clean, low mineral content water
- Bath capacity approx.: 30 litres
- Heating element: 3kW (at 240Vac)
- Brass Cylinder: Ø 20mm X 100mm (L)
- Stainless Steel Ccylinder: Ø 20mm x 100mm (L)
- Brass cylinder: Ø 30mm x 100mm (L)
- Brass slab: 70 (L) X 15(W) x 76(H) mm
- Stainless Steel: 70 (L) x 15(W) x 76(H) mm Brass Sphere: Ø 45mm
- Stainless Sphere: Ø 45mm